Thursday, June 4, 2009

The metaphor of the umbilical cord

Its been twenty three years(I feel old) since my cord was severed by a piece of steel. The physical nourishment ended there, and a relationship began. I sit today in a toom tempered by over 20 degrees, with a possible sizeable annuity in the bank account. The annuity payer is sure to demand his pound of flesh which is going to take me all over North India in all its summer glory. Initial indications point towards a taxing period ahead. My concerns lie elsewhere, with the paternal senior looking to fly to the land of the rising sun, and my sunflowerready to look at the land of the eternal sun.

Personal relations have seen the work of the spanner. One can truly appreciate the use of an intrument only when deprived of the privilege of possession. It is true that love downstream is far stronger than the other way around. While the river remained parched for a brief summer, monsoon returned with an invitation to rest my head on her lap.

Sanju tells me the Sensex has hit 15000.

I am all set to celebrate me turning 23 in a crowded taxi through the night.

The uber cool biryani is being cooked at No. 502, Pearl Creek.

A smile doesn't fail to peep out.

I am quite homesick.

No comments:

Post a Comment